March 20, 2010

COLLEGE LIFE

With less than 2 months to the end of our college, I can’t imagine that momentous day when I will say goodbye to my friends, classmates with whom I have spent last 4 yrs. Its amazing how quickly the time passes and we just continue to move with its wheel.

4yrs of my college life are as clear as crystal in mind. I still remember the first day I walked into the campus with a fear of getting ragged by seniors. We all classmates used to remain together wherever we went (even while going to loo). I remember myself being caught by my seniors on a number of occasions and making me do silly things; but that was fun. I liked it because everything was done in controlled and friendly manner.

Today, when the college is almost over, I can say that there are many such things that I have felt, learnt, experienced in these 4yrs and I consider all those people lucky who enjoy their college life to the fullest. College is about friends, about fun, about exploring the real world. It’s the phase when you enter into adult life and parents give you freedom that you were looking for in the school. Now how to handle that freedom is in your hands. It can either improve you or spoil you.

I remember being tortured in school with those strict rules and regulations. The first time I bunked in college was real fun. I couldn’t believe that the teacher is coming to teach us and all the students of the class are running away after writing “THE CLASS IS ON BUNK TODAY” on blackboard. And there were many such occasions when we bunked the classes and went out to watch the latest movie.

There was hardly anyone in the class who was not called by their nicknames. Making fun of others had become our daily routine. There were numerous moments when our eyes got filled with tears after a big laugh. There was hardly any sentence in which someone didn’t abuse someone else. Taking photographs of each other, giving funny poses.

I am sure everyone had many short time crushes if not the full fledged love story. Some things that we came across in every semester were: Copying the assignments, photocopying the syllabus just a day before exam, running after teachers to complete the attendance, cultural rehearsals before Fest, bullying the person performing on stage and what not…

The tension before job interview; the disappointment after not being selected and the elation after being selected are ultimate moments of life.

But beyond all this, I want to say that college life is the time when a person starts understanding himself more than anyone else. It’s the time of life when one starts foreseeing his career; where he wants his life to be after 5 or 10 yrs. Away from all this fun, he starts taking his life seriously. Other than studies, this is the time of grooming one’s personality and start thinking from a wider perspective.

There are many more things that I want to say about college life, but I guess the words will always seem less when we talk about college.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh GOD m gonna miss clg lyk hell...all d masti n fun....cheers to clg lyf.....it was really sweet mohit.....