December 21, 2008

ME: THE CULPRIT

It was the 2nd week of our 2nd semester. We had the subject engg. drawing. The teacher had asked us to bring all the instruments required including the drawing board(24"*16"). As usual with the most sincerity I was there with all the things. My drawing lectures were 5,6,7,8. But before that something happened that caused me more than just a bunch of excited nerves! It's not everyday, that one falls in trouble, you see.
It was the end of the 3rd lecture and before the next teacher came, two boys started fighting. I was sitting at the front seat and I had kept my board at the back of the class due to inadequate space. Then, one of the boys picked up my drawing board and flung it toward the other person. The latter was smart enough to dodge in time and my board fell on the floor with an unpleasant THAK!. I had already inscribed my name at the back of it, so everybody knew it was mine. I went back and lifted the board and guess what a, BIG CRACK in the middle of it. It really hurt me. The brand new board which I bought a day before for 300 bucks was of no use. Fuck man!!. I knew who had done this as everyone was telling me except him.
The 1st time in my life I couldn't control my rage. As I began to accost him, I came across a wooden disc in the aisle. Let me tell you, what's the purpose of this wooden disc in the middle of our class. It is the upper part of the stool on which we sit. And our college management hardly takes care of the broken infrastructure. So, I thought why not to scare him by this disc. I picked up the disc and pretended to hit him, and thereby irritate him a little. But by mistake, it actually slipped from my hand and like a perfect Lord Krishna unleashing his chakra to kill his enemies, it was bang on target. He just got aside in the nick of the time and saved both our asses! But it only partially saved me because the disc went on to the window glass and the glass broke into crystals. It was followed my huh hah,,,,haw,haw,haw……. Which students generally do after someone commit a mistake.
For 30 sec I was there standing, trying to digest the fact that I have broken the glass of our class-room. No, No, I cant do this…. I was in the limelight for the first time in my life for this damned thing (shit). I was not punished for this because ours is a govt. college, so like any other govt. office the administration hardly bothers about that.
At the end of the day I was relieved that the person didn't get hurt. And I still get the nightmares about its consequences. And yeah, now I have some reputation in my class of a macho-man (though I don’t look like that at all). Now, after almost 2 yrs, I am sitting here and writing this real story of mine with amusement, but yeah, at that point of time I got the goose-bumps.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmmmmmm.........asli kahani hai[:P]
bata chuka hai tu pahle.....par sai mai acha likh ahai.

Unknown said...

yup ... acha hai !!

for you said...

really gud yar..
could be a writer 1 day..
nd dis time real dats nice..
keep it up..

Anonymous said...

gr8 writing skills!!!!

Unknown said...

u presented it real well..keep it up macho man..!!

Anirudh said...

Ahoy!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm good job!! macho man.....

Unknown said...

hey buddy hi
how r u?
yar honestly speaking man u r such a good writer
while i was going through it my entire concentration was on ur words ur vocabulary and sentence formation
you really writes fabulus
good keep it up

hitesh jain said...

u pen down ur thougts nicely.
hop for more intrstng stuff(lik the 1st one)